The past decade or so has seen a wave of change sweep through the fashion industry. An increasing number of brands are opting for a more sustainable approach to making clothes.
It’s time to leave fast fashion behind: with one-of-a-kind designs, luxe-feeling fabrics, and the assurance you’re dollars are supporting a more responsible fashion industry, slow fashion is sure to win you over.
Put simply, slow fashion belong to sustainable fashion sphere. It encompasses an awareness and approach to fashion that considers the processes and resources required to make clothing. It advocates for buying better-quality garments that will last longer, and values fair treatment of people, animals, and the planet along the way.
Some characteristics of a slow fashion brand:
- Made from high quality, sustainable materials like linen
- Garments are more timeless than trendy
- Often sold in smaller (local) stores rather than huge chain enterprises
- Locally sourced, produced, and sold garments
- Few, specific styles per collection, which are released twice or maximum three times per year, or a permanent seasonless collection
- Often made-to-order to reduce unnecessary production
Slow fashion becomes a movement is crucial for a fashion industry that leaves a lighter footprint for generations to come. As awareness increases, the planet and all its inhabitants are set to benefit from this slower and more considered approach to fashion and AleO for sure is comintment with this.